Care Proceedings


Sometimes Local Authority Social Services become involved with families and their children.  This can often be a very worrying and difficult time for families.  There are many reasons why Social Services become involved with families.  This is a time when you may feel vulnerable and need help from a legal expert as you may be uncertain of your rights or how to deal with the authorities involved. 

You may need a solicitor to help negotiate with the Local Authority or if they issue care proceedings at court you may need representation.  You may need to oppose care orders, apply to court to have a child live with you or you may need to make an application to see a child and have contact with that child whether directly or indirectly. 

If you are not a parent you may want to put yourself forward as a carer for a child and to join in any care proceedings that have been started by the Local Authority so that you can apply to the court for orders.

We can advise on your rights and the legal process and can represent you at court where you do not require legal aid. 

Contact Us


Keep me up to date with Deborah Gibbins & Co news and the latest information on products and services


What Our Clients say...

Thank you all for your hard work, support and guidance through this hard time.

Mr M B – Stanford-le-Hope